Saturday, February 9, 2013

Playing Catch Up

Holy cow I haven't written a blog in AGES! I like to think I have a good excuse since I have been feeling sick the last two months or more but really it doesn't take that much effort to get on my computer and type away. So this blog is all about updating on the past three months!

In November we spent Thanksgiving with Casey's family in Manti. We had dinner at a church which was delicious and probably my last huge meal I ate before getting sick. So it was so good and I'm glad I was able to get through Thanksgiving before finding out I was pregnant and throwing up all the time. After dinner we put the tables away and played a big family game of volleyball. We had a game with the kids playing and then had a few games just with the adults. It's always fun to play with the Lunds! After Volleyball we played some dodgeball which turned out not to be my favorite because I hit a poor little kid right in the face with a ball. I felt so bad! At least I wasn't the only one...that kid had it rough! He got hit by other people and others ran him down. Pretty sure dodgeball isn't a good family game to play with kids and adults. But it was still a fun day.

Happy Thanksgiving! Our only picture taken. I need to get better at taking pictures...
December I tried to hide from the fam that I was pregnant. It was kind of easy because I had stomach pains and nausea before I was pregnant and I just put it off on that and "getting the flu." We announced it to Casey's family the weekend before Christmas when Andy and Shelby were up from Cedarcity. We made onesies one for Casey's parents. His mom's said, "there's no place like home except grandma's" and his dad's just said I love my grandpa. They were very surprised and had no idea that's what we were having them open. We waited to tell my parents and the rest of my family while we were at a family trip to a cabin up Big Cottenwood canyon that my Gramps rented for us. We did onesies for them too my mom's said I love my Nana and my dad's said, "if you think I nap a lot you should see my grandpa." I've never loved shirts that say things on them like that but I thought it would be fun to tell them with those sayings. I thought my family suspected but they said they were surprised too.

Christmas Eve was spent with my family this year and I was excited to be pregnant over Christmas because I thought I'd be able to eat whatever I wanted since I would be getting fat anyways but turns out this baby hates all sweets and I didn't eat a single Christmas cookie or treat the whole month. And our crab and shrimp traditional Christmas Eve dinner turned out to be salad and rolls for me. I was not feeling very good that night or Christmas day but Christmas is still a great time and I loved it. After breakfast and opening presents Casey and I just headed home because he wasn't feeling good either. We had to try and find somewhere to eat for dinner that night and tried China Wak in Spanish Fork....never again will I eat there. I don't know if it was prego taste buds or the food really isn't very good but never again! So we will never try to have Christmas dinner by ourselves again and will always go to family's since there is hardly anything open on Christmas night.

All the kids
My wonderful surprise present a new serger!
Casey's one surprise, a golf pass with 8 free rounds of golf. He'll need some time away from my crazy hormones and probably when we have the baby!
Tons of paper!
Our best present, a fat belly
Before Christmas we took a tirp with my fam, aunties, uncels, cousins, and grandparents to the Salt Lake Temple. We all took the tracks up to Salt Lake and we ate dinner in the food court at City Creek since there wasn't a restaraunt that could fit us all then headed to see the lights. Casey and I took off at one point to take some hidden pictures that we thought were funny to help us remember that we were pregnant when we went and no one else knew.

Sheep looking towards my baby

Othe than the big holidays, Casey has been working his new job that he started the day we found out we were pregnant which was such a blessing since it has given us health benefits and he's working lots and earning enough for us to save up for this baby and make it so if I want to I'll be able to stay home with my babes when they come. I've gone to working part time this semester so I just work MWF and Tuesdays I plan on painting with my dad which has only happened once because I've either been sick, working on stuff for Young Womens, and babysitting my nieces. Hopefully I'll be able to free up that day to focus just on painting! Thursdays are Casey and I's Saturdays because it's the only day during the week we both have the day off. Casey's schedule is really weird right now, he has Thursdays and Fridays off and works all the other days. They told him when he was hired he would be able to change his schedule but it's been harder than they made it out to be. Hopefully soon he will be able to have Saturdays and Sundays off like most people and we will have two instead of one day together during the week. Other than that we are just trying to get a little ready for this baby! We are excited and enjoying our last months together before we are never alone again ha. And that's the wrap!

2 comments:

  1. Liar! You said you were planning on telling the family on Christmas Eve but then the aunts weaseled it out of you at the cabin that you were prego! Looks like you were planning it all along. WHATEVER! haha really not mad just tryin' to make sure you feel bad enough to tell us the gender first:) So excited for you guys and to have another little one in the family! ---Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I had onesies all wrapped up and ready to go it was Courtney who they cornered before we got there and tried to get it out of her if I was pregnant or not. Sorry Rhonda Roo quit being gone when we tell people!

    ReplyDelete