Thursday, February 21, 2013

It's a Girl!

At 16 weeks I went to my aunt who is a delivery nurse and she did an ultrasound to try to see what our baby is. The baby was super uncooperative and had her legs crossed, held the umbilical cord between her legs, and was just in a position that we couldn't see in between her legs, just mostly her profile. It was so fun to watch her moving around in there! She was laying with her head down and her legs up abover her and she kept arching her back and putting her head back to stretch. I could have watched her all day! My aunt thought she was a girl but went to get a second opinion. While she was gone I held the ultrasound to my belly and got to continue watching her:). The second nurse thought she saw a boy part for a second but wasn't able to find it again so we came out of that ultrasound unsure of what the baby was for sure.

Yesterday I was at my sister's house hanging out and she has a girl in her ward that does ultrasounds and so we decided to call her up and see if she was available. She wasn't at home but she told us to come on over to her office. So we just did a gender reveal ultrasound and right away we were able to see that there were absolutely no boy parts and she was very much a girl! Casey wasn't with us at the ultrasound because he was working so I put a sign on the outside of the door saying It's a...and then when he walked in I had a pink girl sign with pink treats and a drink and her cute outfit we bought while we were on our anniversary get away. He didn't seem too surprised since we had already figured she was a girl but we are both happy to know for sure. Now I can get sewing!! I already have a ton of girl fabric because I won $100 worth from Skye Reve Fabric and can't wait to get crackin.

We had a boy name picked out but we havn't decided on a girl name yet. We have ones that we like but none that we are in love with and certain that that is our baby's name. I'm one that likes to have things decided and ready so I'm sure we will come up with her name soon!


He noticed it when he had already opened the door


Nursery colors and fabric from Skye Reve


No comments:

Post a Comment