Sunday, November 4, 2012

Zombies Attack!

For Halloween this year we went to the D.I. clear back in September. We went looking for a creepy doll outfit for me and a chuckie outfit for Casey. We couldn't find what we wanted for Casey and then I found a white dress in the wedding section that I loved! We decided to be dead people with rotting skin. Kind of like an old fashioned photograph that the people were dead in. At least that's what we were going for...everyone called us zombies though.

On Oct. 27th my brother and sister in law had a Halloween party that was lots of fun. We had delicous french dip sandwhiches and of course tons of treats. Rhonda made lots of minute to win it games and we were split up into three teams. We were with my brother's friends Katie and Spencer and we kicked butt! Ok we actually tied with another team and then won the tie breaker so it wasn't a butt kicking but we still won:) The funniest minute to win it game of the night was a headband with a step counter on it and the person wearing it had to nod their head and get 125 clicks in a minute. The first two girls that went were both under 100 and then my brother in law Marc went and was crazy! He looked like he was having a seizure the entire time and nodded his head so fast he got 142 ha. I bet he didn't feel good at all after that! Casey and I also won scariest costume at the party. We were kind of the only scary costume there but it still is cool to win!

Our makeup was made with toilet paper and elmers glue. Yep that's it! Then I put makeup over the top of it and painted Casey's teeth. This took 2 hours to do and then as soon as we started eating dinner and moving our faces the scabs around our mouths started to peel off. Fun for a bit though!

On Halloween we didn't even dress up in our zombie costumes. That day at school the teacher and paras in the class I work in all dressed up as crayons. It was a cute idea! I was a blue crayon and I wore my bright blue pants, a black shirt with a felt square that I painted crayola on and then a blue cone hat. It was a simple cute costume. That night Casey had school until pretty late so I headed to my parents house where my mom made my cousins, siblings, and I declicious soup. Then I went trick or treating with my siblings and my adorable niece and nephew who were both bunnies. Well one was a rabbit in a black hat and the other was a cute bunny with a pink tutu. Lots of fun to go trick or treating with them for their first time even though they are still to young to really know what's going on. We visited with some neighbors and Casey caught up with us after school. We stayed at my parents to watch the 1984 Children of the Corn movie. If you haven't seen it, don't waste your time! It was ridiculous. Horrible graphics, bad acting, and all about children killing people. At least it wasn't scary so I ddin't have to go home scared that night. I'm kind of paranoid and don't do well with scary movies.

November 3rd we actually had another halloween party. It was just the best date I guess that worked out with all of Casey's friends from Lehi. We again took the 2 hours to get ready in our costumes then headed to visit with Casey's parents before heading to Nate's house for the party. We just talked for most of the time and then played a game near the end that was extreme pictionary. There was a list of 10 halloween items and once you guessed a picture you had to run to the judge and get the next word from them. Our team won it and out of our winning team everyone voted for the best costume and Casey and I won that one.


We decided to try and look a little bit more like zombies this time with more blood and I wanted to do the teeth thing like Casey this time. It was a fun costume but it took too much time for the little amount of time that it stayed on.

No comments:

Post a Comment