Monday, April 23, 2012

Past Sewing Projects

I got my sewing machine three Christmases ago. I left it at my parent's home while I went away to college but have been sewing lots since I've been married. Here is a post of the sewing projects I have done over the past year.

These car seat covers were lot's of fun to make and I loved giving them as baby gifts. I've done a couple others too and I'm excited to try the new covers going on around on pinterest with the elastic around the bottom for windy days.

My nephew Cannon's car seat cover

My niece Ellie's car seat cover
These adorable skirts were for my sister in law's, Shelby,  flower girl's at her wedding. My other sister in law Heather and my mother in law April and I sewed 11 of these skirts while watching conference one weekend. The bottom is tule with flowers inside of it.


They were adorable flower girls!
After learning how to make the skirt I made one for our friend's little girl for her 1st birthday


I was sick of summer dresses all being short so I decided to make my own. My sister Courtney didn't thought I was crazy to try to make one and one day she called me and while slightly laughing asked me how my dress was coming along. I told her great and that it was almost done. She thought my reply was going to be a bit more frustrated.

I had to add five inches to the bottom to make it modest for my tall body

For Halloween we wanted to be something original. This was one of my favorite costumes I've had and my husband's costume completed it perfectly. He was a samurai (whiche I did not make) and I was a geisha. I took a robe pattern and altered it to fit what I wanted.


Casey thougth he was pretty cool with his real sword

This scarf and the two others I made like it for Christmas presents were a pain! They seemed so simple but I think something in my sewing machine wasn't quite right and the strings that I had to pull to get the ruffle kept breaking on me. Even though they took a long time to complete I did like the end product a lot.

Ruffle scarf
Again my sewing machine was still acting up around Christmas time so I ended up having to hot glue a lot of our stockings. I've got enough felt to make the rest of our kid's stockings as they come along into our little family. 
Christmas stockings. Mine is on the left, Casey's on the right 
While my sewing machine is still not working and needs to be serviced, I haven't been sewing and have picked up on crocheting. I hope my machine will be fixed soon because I've got my fabric all cut out for my next project! 


No comments:

Post a Comment