Monday, April 23, 2012

Past Crochet Projects

I've always wanted to learn how to crochet so I went to walmart and picked up a book called I taught myself how to crochet. It was great! It definitely took me a while to figure out exactly what the book was showing me to do but after their helpful videos they provide with the kit I was able to get it. I love crocheting! I feel like there isn't a lot that I want to make for myself but there are lot's of cute things that you can crochet for babies and I'm excited to have my own to make things for.

My first project was this scarf. I completely did it wrong for the first three layers and had to start all over but eventually got it.
For my niece Eleanor I made a newborn hat that looks much cuter on her than it does here but here it is.
I liked it so much I made one for my older niece. It took me a while to guess on how many stitches I needed to add to fit her head.

It wasn't her favorite thing to wear
 For my nephew Cannon I tried making him a hat that he could wear over his helmet that he needed to get to fix his head. I made it a bit bigger than his size to make sure it would go over the helmet and it ended up being huge! He will have to wait till next year to grow into it.

His room is decorated in owls so it had to be an owl hat
For winter I made myself and my friend Mckenzie for her birthday this hat. It looked cuter on me with my long hair but I'll still wear it with my short.

It hangs a bit in the back to make it a slouchy beanie
This bag was for my niece Ruby's birthday. She is one that loves to play dress up so I thought it would be perfect for that.

This past general conference that was on April Fool's day gave me an opportunity to work on another project. I crocheted flower headbands for three of my nieces but I tried to use them for an April Fool's joke by telling my family they were actually for our baby. My family at first didn't believe me but as I continued to try to convince them and started crying in the process they didn't know what to believe. I still don't know why I was crying, I guess because I really wish it were true! It ended up not being a very funny joke. Especially when my dad leaned in to give me a hug to congratulate me. Whoops!


One was opposite in color, and another one had a large flower with a small flower in the middle of it.
Crocheting has been lot's of fun and it definitely is not just for old people! I love it and can't wait to make more baby things when I have kids of my own.

1 comment:

  1. I'm super excited about your blog! U should do a tutorial on those 2 scarves... They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete