Monday, April 9, 2012

Meaning of "Creative Intermediacy"

It took me a while to think of a name for my blog. I knew I wanted it to be about art, and other things that I have made but a name was difficult. I came accross the word intermediacy. When I thought of intermediacy I thought about the different levels of beginner, intermediate, and pro. Although my art work, sewing, and crocheting can probably be called an intermediate level, it's not quite what I wanted the blog to point out. There's another definition of intermediate that is used in chemistry. The definition is "a substance formed as a necessary stage in the manufacture of a desired end product." Creativity is just what that definition is for me. It is a necessary substance that holds me together and helps me though life. I hope it becomes an even more important, and necessity for my life as I strive to reach the "pro" level in my painting. I have my dad, grandpa, and uncles art work to look to and learn from. As I post my art work on my blog everyone will be able to watch me grow and become a better artist. Feedback on art, or any other sewing and crocheting projects will really help me as I try to be the artist that I aspire to be.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Syd! So proud of you for wanting to use your creative mind and improve your skills. Oh, this is Rhonda:) I'm on the laptop and don't want to sign Jordan off:)

    ReplyDelete