Sunday, June 2, 2013

Boppy Pillow Cover

Who wants to spend full price on a Boppy Pillow? Not me, $40.00 is a little much for something that you don't even know will work for your baby. So instead of buying a new one I found one at my school's garage sale for $1...hey I washed it, and then I recovered it spending $10.00 on the fabric, zipper, and thread. Basically I think $11.00 is much better than 40 and it really was in good shape otherwise I wouldn't have gotten it!

I just set the pillow on some paper, traced it, added a seam allowance, and sewed on the zipper. Lot's of patterns out there have the zipper going across the pillow instead of being on the edge, and I like this way better. Except it did bubble a little but I don't mind. It's a tiny bit big but I forgot to wash my fabric before I made it so it should shrink and fit just fine after washing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment