Thursday, April 4, 2013

Easter and Maternity Chevron Skirt

Easter was great this year but it could have been a little bit better had my husband been able to be there. His work has him working Saturdays and Sundays and he has Thursdays and Fridays off. I do not like this schedule in the least! They told him he'd be able to change it after working there for a few weeks....it's been four months and they still haven't let him change it. It's a bit frustrating but I'm able to go spend Sundays at my parents house which is ony fifteen minutes away.

This year we had all my siblings and two of my aunt's familys with us for an Easter meal. It was so warm on Sunday we got to eat outside and enjoy the beautiful weather and time celebrating Christ with family. After dinner we headed over to my aunt Kathryn's house where they had hid over 200 eggs! My mom didn't want me to feel left out from my younger siblings and niece and nephew so she hid eggs for me too. She's so sweet but I think I'm past the point of caring if I get Easter eggs or not. It will be fun to have our little girl with us next year!

The only problem with our family get together was we all decided to swap germs with each other and two days later half of my family, including Casey (which is weird because he wasn't even around the family) and I, started throwing up and other unmentionables. There are still members of my family that are catching it and are being added to the list of at least 13 people that I know of.

For Easter I made my own skirt following this lovely tutorial. The only problem with mine was the back where the ties are supposed to sinch it together, it tends to droop a lot and make my skirt look like it was supposed to be a high-low skirt which I guess is in style but it wasn't my intentions. I'm hoping it fits me and my growing belly for a long time! And after this pregnancy I'll probably shorten it and wear it at my hips.



This one you can see the tie in the back a little bit. I need to remember to get things from all angles!
I'm a little obsessed with coral right now because it's one of the colors I'm doing for my little girl's nursery, and I have enough of this material left to make an outfit for her! Prepare to see many coral items on the blog as I start posting the things I've been making for the nursery.

1 comment:

  1. I love this!, I never look this cute when I am pregnant. I think we may have used that same chevron fabric, great minds think a like!

    http://l1sapeterson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete